Open Position: Program Manager
Program Manager Job Description
Organization: Grantmakers for Southern Progress (GSP)
Title: Program Manager
Salary Range: $70,000 – $76,000 annually
Location: This is a remote position, but the candidate must be based in the U.S. South
Job Classification: Full-time, Permanent
Reports To: Director of Programs
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervision responsibilities
Travel Requirement: This position requires approximately 25% travel.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the management and execution of GSP’s programming. This role will work closely with the Director of Programs to develop and execute programs and events that support the GSP network and help to advance structural change work in the US South. The Program Manager has primary responsibility for the GSP’s virtual webinars (in non-convening years), helping to execute other GSP signature programs and events, and providing support for other program related functions like content development for presentations, research for internal projects and connecting members of our network to resources, programs, and peers. This is a full-time, permanent position that reports to the Director of Programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Manager will be responsible for:
Program Execution and Management (Approximately 40% of the role)
- Ensure highly successful program delivery of GSP’s signature and support program offerings to include the planning and organizing the completion of program tasks while ensuring timing, budgeting, and scopes are in alignment. Primary programs of focus include:
- Fellows for Southern Progress
- Funder Education Webinars
- Facilitate the ongoing engagement of GSP’s state-based programming through the provision of strategic guidance, funder education, and resource connection.
- Support the continuous evaluation of programming to maintain the integrity of GSP’s program offerings by ensuring alignment with GSP’s mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Provide support for internal research that strengthens programmatic delivery and content creation.
Technical Assistance Provision (Approximately 20% of the role)
- Serve as a liaison between GSP members and practitioners to facilitate relationship building and the promotion of non-extractive investments.
- Serve as a resource to the broader funder organizing community and facilitate collaborative programming and initiatives.
Program Development (Approximately 25% of the role)
- Develop culturally and socially responsive programming that meets the needs of organizational partners and maintains alignment with sector trends and organizational values.
- Support content development for GSP’s biennial convening and larger events including Fellows for Southern Progress and other trainings and programs.
- Prepare supporting presentation materials such as slides, resource lists, run of shows, etc.
Organizational Responsibilities (Approximately 15% of the role)
- Attend monthly staff meetings and four in-person staff gatherings.
- Attend weekly 1:1 meeting with supervisor.
- Support planning and attendance at other GSP programs/events as necessary.
Experience and Qualifications
A competitive candidate will have the following experiences, knowledge, and attributes:
- 4-6 years’ experience with program management and virtual learning programs with a focus on philanthropy, social justice, public policy, or other closely related issue area is desired
- Ability to succinctly and clearly summarize in writing program topics for potential audiences
- Comfort with speaking in front of a group to open learning sessions
- Experience supporting meeting facilitation
- Interest and experience in building relationships that foster engagement in programming
- Interest in developing educational programs and an aptitude for research and analysis
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to develop and stick to organizational systems to establish priorities, build project plans, and manage teams to meet time-sensitive project goals
- Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, and changing environment
- Ability to manage through ambiguity while knowing when to ask for clarification
- This position will require both creativity and the desire to pitch in all tasks, large and small, to support the team
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with the subject line [Your Name], Program Manager by May 24, 2023. Applications will be reviewed upon submission. You may download a pdf of the job description here.
Leave a Reply