GSP is a membership-based network of philanthropic leaders, practitioners, and individuals dedicated to leveraging resources for structural change in the South. Our aim is to engage, build community and bolster capacity in the region through increasing the strength in infrastructure, intentional collaborations and the overall scope of philanthropy.
Our Core Values
- GSP values the wisdom of Southern Communities.
- We value and respect the people who are most affected by the decisions we make.
- We believe the voice of the community should guide and direct funding in the South.
GSP’s goal is to help achieve significant and sustained progress in the economic, social, and political outcomes of those least well off in the South. Centering racial, gender, and economic equity and social inclusion in our work and analysis creates the opportunity for GSP to engage Southern-based and national funders committed to structural change in the South.
Education & Data
- We practice sharing knowledge that builds community within GSP’s core and outer circles.
- We value learning from each other and partner organizations.
Centering the South
We have a deep conviction that when marginalized Southerners gain power and win, everyone wins. The South is a critical area of investment for progressive change in the country.
As the South goes, so goes the nation.
Equity & Justice
- Transformative change in this country and the South is not possible without centering racial and gender equity.
- We hold ourselves to the value of using a race and gender lens in the work we fund and the work we present at funder meetings.
- We build relationships and ongoing learning starting at the center.
- Sustained relationship-building is one of the most powerful change tools there is.
- Relationships that are reciprocal and are not extractive.